This one’s for you Maja! Maja recently asked me if I ever have soaps that don’t come out the way that I planned, and she reminded me that I had been saving this picture to share with you guys:
Now, it isn’t that there is anything wrong with these soaps quality-wise, and sure they look okay. But I want to be excited about a soap when I share it on here with you guys. Aesthetically, these just didn’t cut it; they were either too crumbly or spotty, or didn’t come out the way I envisioned, or didn’t excite me enough to post them on the blog.
I also learned something with each soap that didn't turn out out:
Luxury soap: The combination of milks and honey caused it to overheat. At first, the soap looked like it had measles from all the orange spots the overheated honey caused, so now I always put this soap in the freezer overnight to prevent gelling.
Gradient soap: I probably need to do more than 3 colors for an interesting gradient soap, next time I will try 5.
Sandalwood: I think the colors were just too light in the one and the colors I chose didn’t really match the woodsy fragrance.
Cherry Blossom: I learned, after a few trials, that I can’t use sodium lactate in my soaps when I use my rectangular tray mold. For some reason they turn out really crumbly, so I omit the SL if I’m going to use my tray mold. The same thing happened with the Blackberry Soap.
Rubber Ducky Soap: Although I liked the colors, I thought the soap was just too plain, I’m still trying to think of a new way to do this one.
Sorry little soapies, but you just didn’t make the cut this time :(
Hopefully, this next one will have better luck. So far, so good: